Monday, May 20th, 2019
- Formal programs can help to improve your child’s academic and school readiness. For many children, this may be their first experience in a structured setting with other children and teachers.
- They can provide a foundation for learning, both socially and academically. Preschool and readiness programs can help significantly boost pre-math and literacy skills. Children will not only learn academically, but they will learn to share, follow instructions, listen and so much more.
- Kindergarten readiness programs can help to nurture your child’s creativity and curiosity. They begin to make choices.
- Summer PreK and kindergarten readiness programs can provide your child with an opportunity to learn and play in a structured setting. This structure is integral to preparing your child for the next step. They teach your child to function in a classroom setting.
- Readiness programs can help to prepare your child emotionally to move on to the next phase – preschool or kindergarten. Emotional readiness, such as learning to compromise, learning respect and learning to play can help your child build confidence.
- They can help to develop a child’s motor skills. Play, various classroom activities and physical activity are all important to kindergarten readiness and PreK readiness. These activities can help children develop fine motor skills, such as hand-eye coordination and balance.
Kindergarten & PreK Readiness Programs Can Help a Child Succeed
Is your child entering kindergarten or preschool in the fall? Do you feel they are well prepared for this big step in their life? If not, we can help! Even if they are, we can help to keep their skills nicely polished and ready for the start of their kindergarten or preschool year. Our summer programs will not only help them to continue to learn, but to develop friendships, confidence, self-awareness and the independence needed to succeed. Our programs are a unique combination of learning and fun.
Each summer Building Blocks Learning Centers in Wilkes-Barre, Mountain Top and Dallas help to prepare children with two exceptional readiness programs. Both programs are tailored to meet the individual needs of each child. Our Sparks Kindergarten Readiness Boot Camp and our Prekindergarten Summer Boot Camp can give you the peace of mind in knowing your child will strengthen their skills and continue to learn and develop all summer long.
Sparks! Kindergarten Readiness Boot Camp
Your child’s transition into kindergarten can begin with Sparks! Kindergarten Readiness Boot Camp. Each week, students will study a carefully selected book. Then, using the concepts of literacy and reading comprehension they will focus on their kindergarten readiness skills in nine different areas. Skills of focus will include self-help, social-emotional, visual, verbal, language development, listening, work habits gross motor and fine motor skills. Building Blocks Spark!
Sparks! Kindergarten Readiness Boot Camp is taught by a PA Licensed PreK teacher and is designed to meet the needs of all students, whether they attend a PreK class or not. Daily activities will include science exploration, math and reasoning, art and creativity, reading and language development and team building. The kindergarten readiness program begins in June so contact us to learn more or register your child today.
Prekindergarten Summer Boot Camp
This program has been specially designed for children ages 3 ½ to 4 ½ to help prepare them for their transition into PreK. A special prekindergarten curriculum will keep your child engaged and learning throughout the summer. Weekly themes will focus on areas of math, science, leadership, cultural awareness, cooperation, problem solving and health and wellness. Every day skills will be addressed, such as money concepts, reading comprehension, conflict resolution, creative thinking and more.
You can help give your child the edge they need to succeed in school by giving them the opportunity to attend preschool. This will help to expose your child to so many different learning experiences. Learn more about our PreK summer bootcamp now.
Are you ready to enroll your child in a summer readiness program?
Child care experts seem to agree that a high-quality early learning program can help a child to succeed in school. Transitioning your child to this next phase can be integral to their success. Kindergarten readiness programs and PreK readiness programs can help to broaden your child’s horizons and prepare them for the next steps in life. It will also help to build an excitement and lessen anxiety about entering kindergarten or preschool.
Let Building Blocks Learning Center help to prepare your child for a lifetime of learning.
Learn more at 570-208-2252.Tags: attend preschool, Building Blocks Learning Centers, child entering kindergarten, Dallas, early learning program, enroll your child in a summer readiness program, kindergarten, kindergarten readiness program, Mountain Top, PreK class, PreK readiness, prek readiness program, prekindergarten curriculum, prekindergarten summer book camp, prekindergarten summer boot camp, preschool, school readiness programs, Sparks Kindergarten Readiness Boot Camp, Sparks!, summer PreK, summer programs, transition into kindergarten, Wilkes-Barre