Monday, April 12th, 2021
After months spent learning virtually at home away from friends and classmates, children are ready to get back to socializing and developing a more structured routine. Building Blocks Learning Center has flexible summer childcare programs to help reconnect children and meet the needs of families this summer. This includes part-time or full-time care, before or after summer school care, and a kindergarten readiness program. Building Blocks’ structured summer childcare programs are designed to provide children with creative experiences, enlightening interaction, and education.
Structured summer programs for children
Structured summer childcare programs can be beneficial for a child of any age. It can help them develop all vital social, emotional, and cognitive skills. Most importantly, it will provide the interaction with other children that your child may have been missing this past year. No matter what your goals for your child this summer, we have a tailored program to fit those needs.
Benefits of summer childcare programs
- Helps with the development of social skills. Children will get a chance to connect, communicate, and interact with their peers and engage with teachers. Structured summer childcare programs can help children to learn to work together. They will play, share, cooperate, resolve conflicts, and share ideas. This experience is vital to developing the social skills needed in school and life in general.
- Encourages a sense of community. All children want to belong, and enrolling your child in a summer program can help them feel part of a larger community. It will also teach teamwork, leadership skills, and greater respect for the differences of others. This sense of community is essential after the months of remoteness that may have come as a result of the pandemic.
- Promotes independence & builds self-esteem. Any time away from parents will help a child gain independence and a sense of their own identity. They will learn to make decisions, become more self-sufficient, and be encouraged to explore new things. They will also have an opportunity to achieve goals. This will enable them to develop self-confidence in their abilities.
- Helps in developing a passion for learning. Children’s summer programs nurture curiosity and can help provide children with a greater enthusiasm for school and learning. Through creative learning experiences and exploring new ideas, they will develop an appreciation for education and acquiring new skills.
- Teaches determination. An essential skill for children to learn is to overcome challenges and not give up. Structured summer childcare programs can help a child develop a greater belief in their abilities and provide them with the self-confidence they need to overcome obstacles.
- Introduces new activities. Structured daycare and summer childcare programs can expose children to new interests. This might include music, art, games of skill, or sports. A new activity or hobby learned in a summer program might become a passion for life.
- Promotes growth. Children will have the freedom to play and learn in a safe and nurturing environment. They will learn important life lessons that will help them build confidence and make lasting friendships.
- Encourages physical activity. Active play is a big benefit for overall health and well-being. Enrolling your child in a summer program or summer daycare will encourage them to stay active and involved, rather than staying inside connected to devices or video games.
Enrolling your child in a summer program
Children never forget the meaningful friendships, positive interactions, and experiences that come with a summer childcare program. this includes exciting weekly activities, creatively themed events, sports, clubs, and more. Your child will remain engaged and connected to peers in a consistent and safe environment all summer long. At Building Blocks Learning Center, we provide an ideal atmosphere for children to grow and thrive. Our summer childcare programs, daycare, before and after summer school care, and pre-kindergarten readiness programs are conveniently located in Wilkes-Barre, Dallas, and Mountain Top. We can tailor a program to fit our individual childcare needs.
Enroll your child or learn more about Building Blocks Summer Programs by calling 570-793-1725 or by submitting an information request online at www.buildingblockslearningcenter.com.
Tags: before school care
, childcare programs
, kindergarten readiness program
, Mountain Top
, structured summer childcare
, summer pre-k readiness
Monday, May 20th, 2019
- Formal programs can help to improve your child’s academic and school readiness. For many children, this may be their first experience in a structured setting with other children and teachers.
- They can provide a foundation for learning, both socially and academically. Preschool and readiness programs can help significantly boost pre-math and literacy skills. Children will not only learn academically, but they will learn to share, follow instructions, listen and so much more.
- Kindergarten readiness programs can help to nurture your child’s creativity and curiosity. They begin to make choices.
- Summer PreK and kindergarten readiness programs can provide your child with an opportunity to learn and play in a structured setting. This structure is integral to preparing your child for the next step. They teach your child to function in a classroom setting.
- Readiness programs can help to prepare your child emotionally to move on to the next phase – preschool or kindergarten. Emotional readiness, such as learning to compromise, learning respect and learning to play can help your child build confidence.
- They can help to develop a child’s motor skills. Play, various classroom activities and physical activity are all important to kindergarten readiness and PreK readiness. These activities can help children develop fine motor skills, such as hand-eye coordination and balance.
Kindergarten & PreK Readiness Programs Can Help a Child Succeed
Is your child entering kindergarten or preschool in the fall? Do you feel they are well prepared for this big step in their life? If not, we can help! Even if they are, we can help to keep their skills nicely polished and ready for the start of their kindergarten or preschool year. Our summer programs will not only help them to continue to learn, but to develop friendships, confidence, self-awareness and the independence needed to succeed. Our programs are a unique combination of learning and fun.
Each summer Building Blocks Learning Centers in Wilkes-Barre, Mountain Top and Dallas help to prepare children with two exceptional readiness programs. Both programs are tailored to meet the individual needs of each child. Our Sparks Kindergarten Readiness Boot Camp and our Prekindergarten Summer Boot Camp can give you the peace of mind in knowing your child will strengthen their skills and continue to learn and develop all summer long.
Sparks! Kindergarten Readiness Boot Camp
Your child’s transition into kindergarten can begin with Sparks! Kindergarten Readiness Boot Camp. Each week, students will study a carefully selected book. Then, using the concepts of literacy and reading comprehension they will focus on their kindergarten readiness skills in nine different areas. Skills of focus will include self-help, social-emotional, visual, verbal, language development, listening, work habits gross motor and fine motor skills. Building Blocks Spark!
Sparks! Kindergarten Readiness Boot Camp is taught by a PA Licensed PreK teacher and is designed to meet the needs of all students, whether they attend a PreK class or not. Daily activities will include science exploration, math and reasoning, art and creativity, reading and language development and team building. The kindergarten readiness program begins in June so contact us to learn more or register your child today.
Prekindergarten Summer Boot Camp
This program has been specially designed for children ages 3 ½ to 4 ½ to help prepare them for their transition into PreK. A special prekindergarten curriculum will keep your child engaged and learning throughout the summer. Weekly themes will focus on areas of math, science, leadership, cultural awareness, cooperation, problem solving and health and wellness. Every day skills will be addressed, such as money concepts, reading comprehension, conflict resolution, creative thinking and more.
You can help give your child the edge they need to succeed in school by giving them the opportunity to attend preschool. This will help to expose your child to so many different learning experiences. Learn more about our PreK summer bootcamp now.
Are you ready to enroll your child in a summer readiness program?
Child care experts seem to agree that a high-quality early learning program can help a child to succeed in school. Transitioning your child to this next phase can be integral to their success. Kindergarten readiness programs and PreK readiness programs can help to broaden your child’s horizons and prepare them for the next steps in life. It will also help to build an excitement and lessen anxiety about entering kindergarten or preschool.
Let Building Blocks Learning Center help to prepare your child for a lifetime of learning.
Learn more at 570-208-2252.
Tags: attend preschool
, Building Blocks Learning Centers
, child entering kindergarten
, early learning program
, enroll your child in a summer readiness program
, kindergarten readiness program
, Mountain Top
, PreK class
, PreK readiness
, prek readiness program
, prekindergarten curriculum
, prekindergarten summer book camp
, prekindergarten summer boot camp
, school readiness programs
, Sparks Kindergarten Readiness Boot Camp
, summer PreK
, summer programs
, transition into kindergarten
Monday, May 6th, 2019
What do you have planned for your kids this summer? A great summer of adventure awaits your children at Building Blocks learning Center. So much more than a daycare center, Building Blocks Learning Center has four distinct summer programs to fit your unique needs. Our summer camp offers a structured, social environment for children to learn, grow and develop their independence. It will enable them to develop necessary skills, build lasting friendships and gain the confidence they need to thrive in the years ahead. Summer preschool will enable your child to have a fun-filled summer while they maintain the stability and consistency of a classroom environment. Our Kindergarten readiness program and Kindergarten bootcamp will prepare them for that all-important transition to Kindergarten.
At Building Blocks, we realize the importance of keeping young minds active and continuing to develop throughout the summer months. Young children, especially those moving on to kindergarten in the fall, need to maintain a routine and reinforce and build on the skills they have learned. Whether you’re looking for a summer childcare option, a children’s summer camp, or a summer kindergarten readiness program, Building Blocks Learning Center has specially designed programs to fit your needs. These programs will engage your child in fun and interactive learning activities as well as introduce them to new and exciting experiences this summer.
Building Blocks Learning Center Summer Programs
All children’s summer programs run June 25 to August 16, 2019
- Camp Leo Summer Camp for Kids – Calling all kids ages 6 to 12. You won’t want to miss this fun-filled summer camp. Our structured children’s summer camp offers exciting weekly themes and events, team sports and clubs. Before and after care is included in Camp Leo Summer Camp. Breakfast, lunch and a snack are also provided. Children ages 6 to 12 years of age are welcome to attend Building Blocks’ summer camp. It’s a perfect opportunity to introduce your child to a whole new group of friends and help them to build their self-esteem. We remember our fun days at summer camp, do you?
- Pre School Summer Program – Ideal for 3 and 4-year-old children, our summer preschool program will help your child explore new interests and learn about structure as they follow a daily schedule. This age-appropriate program will inspire your child to interact with other children as they learn, help them to enhance their social skills, explore their creativity and develop emotionally. They will have fun with their peers while they learn important skills such as teamwork and cooperation. Best of all, they will develop their own sense of independence.
- Prekindergarten Summer Boot Camp – Specially designed to better prepare children ages 3 ½ to 4 ½ for their transition into Prekindergarten. Pre-K summer bootcamp will keep children engaged with weekly themes focused on various skills and other areas of interest. Themes include reading, math, science, leadership, cultural awareness, cooperation, problem solving and health and wellness. Our interactive approach to summer learning will include subjects such as nature exploration, money concepts, computation, reading comprehension, environmental health, diversity, nutrition, physical exercise, creative thinking, conflict resolution, creative thinking and much more. Learning has never been so much fun!
- SPARKS! Kindergarten Readiness Boot Camp – The staff at Building Blocks Learning Center will help prepare your child for that important transition to kindergarten. Each week, SPARKS! Students will be studying a carefully selected book and using the concepts of literacy and reading comprehension. Our SPARKS! Summer Kindergarten Readiness program will help your child further develop the following skills in preparation for kindergarten: self-help skills, social-emotional skills, visual skills, verbal skills, language development, listening skills, work habits, gross motor skills and fine motor skills. A selection of enchanting books will keep them engrossed throughout this 8-week summer program. Start the SPARK! In your child this summer!
Introduce your child to the emotional, social and educational benefits of the summer camp, summer preschool program or a kindergarten readiness program at Building Blocks Learning Center. It’s our goal to help them develop life-long skills, gain confidence and make great friends.
All programs run for 8 weeks, from June 25th through August 16th. Enroll your child in our summer camp or one of our summer learning and readiness programs by calling 570-208-2252 or fill out our contact form.
An amazing summer experience awaits your child at Building Blocks Learning Center. Learn more about our summer camp and other summer programs or enroll your child today. We’ll keep your child engaged and learning all summer long!
Tags: Building Blocks Learning Center
, camp for kids
, daycare center
, kids summer programs
, kindergarten bootcamp
, kindergarten readiness program
, pre school summer program
, prekindergarten summer boot camp
, summer camp
, summer kindergarten readiness program
, summer preschool
, summer programs for kids
, transition to kindergarten